Forgive the unoriginal title.
I made white pizza for supper. (Vegetarian recipe, but could add some crumbles of bacon. This recipe is really versatile.)
You should definitely try it! There are multiple steps, but it is still quite simple and oh-so-tasty!
I served it with leftover corn-poblano-potato soup, (vegan recipe) and fresh strawberries we bought from a friend in 4-H.
This blue dish was a gift to me as a young teenager. I know this makes me sound old-fashioned and, well, just old, but when we were young, we always had planning for marriage and family in our forefront. Many gifts I received were given with the idea that one day I would use them in a home of my own. This is one of them. I still treasure this gift, but more so, the friend who gave it to me. I think of her every time I use it.
Here’s what it looks like empty.
May your memories be warm, your dishes filled with goodness, and your friendships sweet.
For those who just want my recipes, follow me at The Cultured Country Cook!
I will continue to post “reflections and recollections” here.
This is one of our favorite soups and its super easy to pull together with frozen or canned beans and veggies on hand. (Tip: I buy dried beans, cook the entire bag at one time, and freeze them in pint or quart freezer bags.)
- 1 lb browned hamburger (If meatless, just add an additional can/bag of beans.)
- 2 cans/or 1 bag(s) whole kernel corn
- 1 (16oz) can/bag kidney beans, rinsed and drained (you can add a can/bag of black beans as well.)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons sugar (can use raw sugar, brown sugar, or Sucanat)
- 1 jar of your favorite salsa or an additional can of diced tomatoes. I skip the salsa and use a second can of diced tomatoes with green chilies.)
- 1 package bought taco seasoning or about 5 tablespoons of homemade taco seasoning.
- Add water if you want a thinner soup
- Adjust seasonings to taste
Method: Mix all ingredients together and cook in crockpot for several hours or put in a large pot and heat through on stove top.
Top with your favorite taco toppings. Excellent with corn bread.