Taco Soup (Meat & Meatless Options)
This is one of our favorite soups and its super easy to pull together with frozen or canned beans and veggies on hand. (Tip: I buy dried beans, cook the entire bag at one time, and freeze them in pint or quart freezer bags.)
- 1 lb browned hamburger (If meatless, just add an additional can/bag of beans.)
- 2 cans/or 1 bag(s) whole kernel corn
- 1 (16oz) can/bag kidney beans, rinsed and drained (you can add a can/bag of black beans as well.)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons sugar (can use raw sugar, brown sugar, or Sucanat)
- 1 jar of your favorite salsa or an additional can of diced tomatoes. I skip the salsa and use a second can of diced tomatoes with green chilies.)
- 1 package bought taco seasoning or about 5 tablespoons of homemade taco seasoning.
- Add water if you want a thinner soup
- Adjust seasonings to taste
Method: Mix all ingredients together and cook in crockpot for several hours or put in a large pot and heat through on stove top.
Top with your favorite taco toppings. Excellent with corn bread.