Our family has mostly elimated processed sugar from our diet, but I splurged today and had this delicious and not-too-sweet dessert with my mother-in-law. It would be a great addition to any Memorial Day Weekend table.
Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- 2 cups broken pretzels
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1&1/2 sticks butter, melted
Mix these first three ingredients and press into 9X13 baking pan. Bake at 360 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 (9 oz) container cool whip (I use real whipped cream)
Cream together cream cheese and sugar then stir in cool whip. Spread on top of pretzel crust. Refrigerate until firm.
- 2 (3oz each) packages strawberry jello
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (9 oz) package frozen strawberries
- 1 cup cold water
Dissolve jello in boiling water. Add strawberries and cold water. Chill. When jello starts to thicken, spread over cream cheese layer. Chill overnight.