Our family has mostly elimated processed sugar from our diet, but I splurged today and had this delicious and not-too-sweet dessert with my mother-in-law. It would be a great addition to any Memorial Day Weekend table.
Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- 2 cups broken pretzels
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1&1/2 sticks butter, melted
Mix these first three ingredients and press into 9X13 baking pan. Bake at 360 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 (9 oz) container cool whip (I use real whipped cream)
Cream together cream cheese and sugar then stir in cool whip. Spread on top of pretzel crust. Refrigerate until firm.
- 2 (3oz each) packages strawberry jello
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (9 oz) package frozen strawberries
- 1 cup cold water
Dissolve jello in boiling water. Add strawberries and cold water. Chill. When jello starts to thicken, spread over cream cheese layer. Chill overnight.
One thought on “Strawberry Pretzel Salad”